General Grant Departmental School was dedicated in September 1924. In 1954, it was moved to its present location and given the name General Grant Junior High School. The school received its current name of General Grant Middle School in 1990. The school currently serves 540 students in grades 6-8, on a campus with 35 classrooms, a gymnasium, cafeteria, and locker rooms. We have a staff of 24 teachers. In addition to our student body, we also house a county SDC program, office space for the district Migrant Services department, and Grant Middle School Opportunity Program, an alternate placement for district middle school students.