The success of any school is enhanced when there is a clear statement of purpose and direction.
The following is the mission for Grant Middle School: Grant Middle School is a place where students are provided with a safe, clean, stimulating and caring environment in which teachers’ and students’ learning expectations are met. This will be generated through positive teacher and student interaction.
We expect the following:
- Academic Performance Goals - All students will have a 2.0 grade average or better for all three years.
- Student Achievement Goals - All students will score above 50% on Math and ELA Smarter Balanced Assessments
- All English Learners will grow one ELPAC band annually.
- Physical Fitness Goals - 90% of all students will score at or above the 50th percentile in all fitness tests.
- Student Attendance Goals - Grant will achieve at least a 97% actual attendance rate.
- Responsible Student Behavior - Students will respect the rights of others and be accountable for their behavior.
- School Climate - Each student will be recognized as an important person with unique rights and feelings.
- Parent/Student Involvement - Every parent and student will be involved in at least one activity per trimester at Grant.