General Grant Middle School
PBIS Staff Goals
Grant Middle School will provide a positive, safe, healthy, nurturing and respectful environment in which all students have the opportunity to progress academically and to become productive members of society. PBIS aims to decrease behavioral infractions showing year-over-year improvement. PBIS assists towards this end as it is based upon the concept of teaching behaviors that will prevent noncompliance. We will provide this through the implementation of PBIS, which promotes the following:
Development of clearly defined and consistent student expectations and accountabilities which reflect GMS’s themes;
Grant students are:
Communication and collaboration between administration, staff, families and community.
Maintenance of an open ended flexible approach through the use of a data driven informational system.
Educationally sound methods that foster student character, safety, academic excellence and individual citizenship.
Classroom Teacher Responsibilities
- Teachers will define, teach, model, and practice each of the Grant Middle School behavioral expectations.
- Teachers will display and use the classroom expectations based upon the GRRR expectations. (Classroom expectations are to be posted in the classroom)
- Teachers will implement targeted classroom interventions consistently and with fidelity every day.
- Teachers will develop and/or use PBIS established strategies for recognizing students who meet and/or exceed GRRR behaviors school-wide and classroom expectations using informal and formal recognition programs such as Positive GRRR Passes.
Staff Personnel Responsibilities
- Staff personnel are defined as all adults with supervisory authority, including those assigned to hall duty, lunch duty, bus duty, and all teachers whose students are in attendance at assemblies.
- All classroom teachers are involved as supervisors at various points within the school day and/or school year.
- Staff personnel will circulate among students and observe students to see that they are meeting school-wide expectations in all non-classroom settings of the school.
- Staff personnel will talk with students and provide feedback based on the school -wide expectations.
- Staff personnel will develop and/or use PBIS established strategies for recognizing students who meet and/or exceed school-wide and classroom expectations.